Friday, February 12, 2010

Wild Weather & Beautiful Girls


We have had some pretty wild weather lately. On Wednesday, the wind was ferocious. It felt like a hurricane blowing in; only the air was frigid instead of balmy. Yesterday, although the air was still chilly, the wind had died down and the sun was brilliant. Today, the forecast is calling for snow! Boy, will I be so glad to see this winter say goodbye.

We did get out yesterday afternoon and prune some shrubs. I always prune ever so lightly, then John comes behind me and does the heavy pruning. I just don't have the heart for it. I am always afraid of killing one of my precious plants. He really did a number on the Knock Out roses this year. I hope he knows what he is doing. They were starting to look a little leggy last year. I am sure they were in need of some of his 'tough' love.

John also managed to prune himself. He got in a hurry and cut through his glove and into his hand. This happened five minutes before my first piano student was to arrive, so my two very responsible teenagers took him to the emergency room to get his stitches. I was very proud of how they stepped in and took over when I could not. I am always so proud of my young ladies and who they are growing up to be. They are beautiful on the inside and out! Now, if only my Knock Out roses can be half as beautiful as my girls, life will be perfect!

Hurry up, Spring! We're waiting for you!

1 comment:

sweetbay said...

Egads, I'm sorry to hear that John cut his hand badly enough that he needed stitches!

Do you have horses? In your comment you mentioned feeding duty so I wondered. :)