Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Why Blog


Blogging. I've never thought much about it before, but I guess everyone just wants to be heard. As a stay-at-home mom of two teenage girls, I often feel as no one is listening to what I have to say. If I lived before the age of computers, I am sure that I would have kept a diary the old fashioned way. In fact, I have purchased beautifully bound books on several occasions hoping to one day see the pages full of my thoughts and dreams. Even with the best of intentions, those pages never quite get used. Every mother would like to think that some day their children would come across a stack of beautifully written journals to give insight into the person that she was, apart from being just a mom.


Well, here is my attempt to give insight into who I am as a person. If not for my daughters or anyone else; for myself. The title is self explanatory. I am a county girl, born and raised in rural North Carolina. And of course, being the true southerner that I am, I have been taught to always be a lady. I love living in the country and all of the things that come with that lifestyle. I feel blessed to be surrounded by nature and try to never overlook the smallest detail. I would love to be able to paint beautiful watercolors of what I observe, but being artisticaly challegned, I guess I will have to be content to take photographs of the beauty that I see around me each day. I hope one day my girls will see the importance of enjoying to the fullest the simple things in life.

1 comment:

penny said...

This is beautifully written.
Hopefully the day will come when your girls will read your inner thoughts and understand you in a different way than just their Mother.

Blessings'